Monday, January 29, 2007

shes a vegetarian, yes, but...

note to self:
you do NOT like non dairy creamer in liquid form. therefore, no matter how much the financial fairy on your shoulder pushes you toward the fifty cent price difference from half and half. dont do it!!! you know you will only regret the next ten cups of coffee, which will, inevitably.... ruin whatever morning or evening of homework you are attempting.

today... i nearly lost my temper. but, i am proud to say i held my ground. oh yeah, background info on the situation: my room has ONE small window. but for whatever reason i wake up each morning for the past two weeks thinking my knees, calves, and feet have frozen off for good. so i took myself to walmart today to buy a space heater. well first i got some fabric. some really thick fabric to plaster my window with. and i got to have a nice little conversation with the fabric lady about scissors. and how you can only use your fabric scissors for fabric. [apparently the third shift employees stole her scissors and used the to cut cardboard boxes with... out of a million pairs.. they pick hers; she wasnt too happy] .. okay so maybe she did more talking and i did more listening. but, i smiled nonetheless.
but this was the end of my smiling. because then began the space heater fiasco. how long does it take to purchase one you might ask? oh about an hour. i found on that i liked. and actually it looks like the one my grandma has in her bathroom.... [that she would turn on every morning before i got up to take a shower, shes amazing isnt she?] so it made me think it would make my room feel like home, almost. anyway, theres only the display left, with the box behind it. i cant find anyone around so i go to the lawn and garden section.. .to find three lovely employees that are more interested in their conversation than my intrusion. they page someone! then... how bout this, that person never shows. so i just put it in the box then took off. not wanting to stand in like 15 minutes to figure out i cant have it, i decide to ask an employee about it. oh man... we took a trip in a semicircle around the store in search of someone then in search of more of the heater... im not even going to get into it because i can feel myself getting agitated. i nearly said just forget it. but... its a good thing i didnt. once it was all over with the man gave me ten percent off. i thought that was pretty cool of him.

oh... i guess im getting close to pushing the line on my procrastination of a paper due tomorrow... [ im refining my habits] i better kick it in gear. i dont know why i do this to myself. its like i live off the anxiety i put myself through. i think i would rather broccoli.

oh how these lyrics long for music to accompany them... [check out this band that i am more than addicted to at the moment, its pretty serious: http://www.myspace.com/theformat ]

I'll tap the break while you crack the window
the smell of smoke is making my lungs explode
the 51 is backed up and too slow
let’s tune out by turning on the radio

and oh my love you’re all I need
backed behind a frequency
they played this song an hour ago
but let's tune out
lets tune out by turning on the radio

haven’t we heard this song
about a thousand times before
oh well after awhile it all sounds the same
i guess its better then silence and better than shame

I'll tap the break while you crack the window
the smell of smoke is making my lungs explode
the 51 is backed up and too slow
let’s tune out by turning on the radio

fun fact: i listen to this song before work every weekend. seriously. it brings me peace. its probably not healthy, but i embrace it while i can.

No comments: