Tuesday, August 14, 2007

she starts a new year

this week the countdown begins. it started with devastation at the bookstore..
a psych majors senior year fall term book cost?... : 7.20.00.
yeah, i took them back. amazon.com is my new best friend.

I do have some hope for an internship, the thought of it and the chunk of my time it will consume each week is still a little daunting, but the good news is that doing the interning with an occupational therapist should be no problem. im waiting to get a call back from a rehab center down the street ..just a hop skip and jump or bike ride away. that would be ideal.

Saturday, as hot as it was, freshmen moved into the dorms and being the good loving welcoming college we are, of course they were accepted with open arms (but no dairy free coffee creamer), and plenty of campus ministries to carry in a box or two for them; tag line for their ministry in tow.



We were on a mission: freshmen beware.

sophie was there with RUF in spirit, but labeled as admissions staff

Rachel, Kelly, Sophie, and myself on our way to the RUF leadership get together

We were blessed to stay at this awesome log cabin/house for the night, but word didn't get passed along about the trecherous driveway... i was a little nervous, but we made it.

Kelly and Isaac:

Ryan, Johnathon, and Drew:

Just when Rach thinks she can guess Sophie's next move...

They love each other anyway:

Of course where there is a dead animal hanging on every wall there will also be chaps... and where there are chaps there is a sophie trying them on... i don't think david approved. She won't get into a nunnery in those.


All in all the meeting went well... I think we will get off to a strong start of a fall semester.
And of course there will be singing. It would not be RUF without the hymns.

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing

1. Come Thou Fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
Mount of God's unchanging love.

2. Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I'm come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood.

3. O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace now like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

4. O that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see Thy lovely face;
Clothed then in blood washed linen
How I’ll sing Thy sovereign grace;
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
Send thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and your blog and the fact that you handled that MASSIVE rocky hill like a pro on the retreat...the pics here are incredible!

~marie said...

aw, it begins: the last year...drink it in!

Gillian said...

I MISS YOU FREAKING A LOT!

Love the pics. Tell everyone I said hi!