Tuesday, May 20, 2008

take me home country roads




my grandmother informed me that i wasn't allowed to only post pictures anymore. okay, thats not quite the way she put it. 
i made my way up interstate 85 yesterday to come home for a few says. of course i had every intention of leaving early, but we both know that didnt happen. it all worked out anyway though, and i made it in at a little after nine. to a big bowl of homemade vegetable soup. without ground beef. my grandmother is more than amazing.

i knew i was back home.. after not being at her house for an hour and finding a tick on me... yeah. and then this morning i left, giving myself plenty of time to make the drive to charleston.. to come to a tree fallen across the road. there was a whole line of cars... and i was so close to the interstate! i was thinking to myself... okay there are enough of us... if we all get out and work together, we can SO move this thing. yeah, then it was my turn to turn around and i saw how big the tree was. i withdrew my silent idea. it was a little on the large side for a tree moving bonding activity. 
 

i decided yesterday, during lunch before i left... that this trip was going to help me get rid of a layer of my shyness. i decided yesterday to do this in two ways to start: to sing in my car on the highway if i wanna... even when im passing cars or vice versa... and even if im really into the song. and to take a picture if i feel like it, and not care that people are looking at me like im crazy. these are the results:

restroom tile somewhere in virginia.

restroom sink somewhere in virginia.. after taking this picture i laughed out loud for at least five minutes. there was this older lady in the restroom while i was taking it... and when i left the bathroom and started walking outside.. i saw her standing with whom im assuming was her husband, her hand cupped over his ear whispering... and him staring at me. it was so obvious she was talking about me. that was so worth it. i can just hear her now .."that girl.. yes that one there... the bathroom sink! yes! the sink!"



No comments: