Thursday, September 18, 2008

its time to let you know

that i do not know how to operate my copy and paste options on my laptop.
well, thats true.. and let you know that i know its high time i give you a bit of a hello update from peru.

i had a good bit written out... then as previously mentioned... i lost all awareness of how to operate my laptop .. and lost it. maybe i can recreate the moment:

i am hanging out waiting on my students to come to class.... 
one of my classes this month has been at 5:30. what time do all FOUR of my students roll into class.. about? 6. so yesterday at the end of class i made each one stand up and repeat after me while holding their right hand over their heart and their left straight up in the air ' i ...(name)... promise to be.... in class when it starts.... at 5:30 starting tomorrow' well, except for one who i made promise to be here at 5. because she volunteered to come 30 minutes early to talk spanish with me before the class where i teach her english ;-) the only problem is... she never comes on time except the days when i am a few minutes late.... of course. 

well, i think... i hope... that is all i have time for right now. because i hope that all four of my students are about to surprise me and step around the corner and say 'miss julie we are here for class, five minutes late but thats better than 30!'

and in the mean time... i hope you enjoy some photos:

(which by the way were taken on the strike day... two tuesdays ago, there was a transportation strike so... classes got cancelled ... because the students didnt have a way of getting to class. and basically everything shut down. taxis parked everywhere. the only cars in the streets were personal vehicles or those taxi drivers that dared to roam the streets...  so we walked the streets in search of fun. 



No comments: