Wednesday, February 14, 2007

she waits thirty years for sushi.

or at least it felt like it.

i was out getting very random things this afternoon [ i should have been writing on a paper but i had just taken a pretty difficult test so i figured i deserved the break] when i decided that i really wanted sushi for dinner. i was out by myself so i decided to stop by fuji [aka the BEST place in anderson to get japanese food... not to mention their sushi is very well priced] i dont think i have ever been in there when they were busy. somehow i managed to avoid the crowds... and ive been there alot. probably at least an average of five-seven times a month. or more. definately more if you involved take out. thats a funny thing about some of the girls i live with and i, last year we didnt know each other and they [at least diana gillian cassie and melissa that i know] would go there all the time as would i. now we go together of course. and diana and i have our fans there... but thats another story. anyway the place was packed!!! on a wednesday night. i dont think it is usually like that. the owner was yelling what i can only assume were obscenities in japanese at the guys more so than usual.
so i ordered miso soup, a salad, and a philly roll. simple enough right? well it took like thirty minutes. which is cool, they were very busy, i just didnt realize it was going to be that long. word to the wise: do not order miso soup. the usual soup you get is just chicken broth [which actually i didnt realize until joanna pointed out to me a while ago] and i wanted soup today so i decided to try the miso. yeah... dont do it. trust me, and i consider myself to have a palate that loves a pretty wide array of stuff. but boiled seaweed just doesnt do it for me. i think i will just do without soup. [ive also tried baby octopus [sushi].... um yeah no thanks. i was peer pressured into it. and, i ate the whole thing... but my stomach is churning just thinking of it, it was really a whole baby octopus!!!!]
but the philly roll was more than worth the wait. that could very well be my favorite sushi roll. i think its just salmon cream cheese and avocado. combined with some wasabi powered low sodium soy sauce.... wow its like a cracker jack surprise for your taste buds.

oh okay so really funny [slightly embarrassing for me] thing happen today. im hanging out at the post office down the street mailing something to mom. which by the way i hate going to the real post office. it seems like every time i do something wrong they point it out. when i first started going i didnt know anything about mailing anything and they would always send me away with something to fix. this one lady.... ugh, i wont go there. lets just say that today someone took a package completely unwrapped to her and she fixed it up for her.. i was ticked. so i get the package sent on its merry little way and i make my way back to my car. or so i thought. i guess i was just hanging out in my own little daydream because i noticed the door wouldnt open and i focused in to realize that.... yeah julie thats so NOT your car. lol.... yes, there were people around. so i tried to slyly slip around to my car. i did laugh at myself though. always make sure you laugh at yourself. outloud, so that people can tell you are laughing at yourself. because then it doesnt quite look like you are so dumb. [ive had experience]

tonight i get to write part [i say part because we are turning in sections at a time, this week its the introduction, for the research study im doing] of a paper. not all my articles have come in through the library though so this should be interesting. or something like that anyway.

oh yes, happy wednesday. [because singles awareness day is overused and we dont mention valentines day in our house. lol] i saw a friend, philip, on my way to class today and i todl him happy wednesday and he just laughed... he said, you know ive heard that a lot today... mainly from people that live in YOUR house. haha, what can i say. we are the girls ministry house with absolutely no hesitation of boy drama. im not entirely sure if this is supposed to be perceived as a good thing or a bad thing. last semseter someone was telling melissa and i a story about pranking someone and he said.. you know the pretty girls house. we were like whaaaat?!! he quickly fumbled for words realizing the impact of what he had just said could possibly mean for his well being. we were like well what is our house then? he was like... ohhhh you guys are the fun girls. you know... uh uh... lol, we knew what he meant. but it was still fun to pick on him. theres always some sort of craziness going on here. who needs boys to entertain you when youve got roomies to have scarf parties with and others that do a convincing job of dressing up as flamingos and yard gnomes and yet another that can make the word wow with her mouth and hands?


cassies got the scarf that swallows you whole.


gillian and diana scared the unsuspecting kids at the reformation party.

im pretty sure thats not what karrie was going for but i prefer it to gangster head banger.


Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it

Doctor, Doctor, I've got an emergency
It seems I'm head over heels, a case of L-O-V-E
It's like I'm glowing inside
Yeah, a light I can't hide
And if this feeling is bad then I don't wanna be right
What I've got in my soul gives me the highest delight
Oh yeah it's better than drugs
In fact it's sent from above, huh huh

Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it

Hey, Can't kick the habit
Yeah, I got to have it
Yeah, I 'm what they call a
Love addict, Love addict
Hey, can't live without it
Yeah, G'on shout about it
Hey, I'm a symptomatic
Love addict, Love addict

Need a refill cause I just can't get enough
I've got a fever, oh yeah, and the prescription's love
So lay the truth on me
Cause that is all that I need

Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it

Hey, Can't kick the habit
Yeah, I got to have it
Yeah, I 'm what they call a
Love addict, Love addict
Hey, can't live without it
Yeah, G'on shout about it
Hey, I'm a symptomatic
Love addict, Love addict

I'm blessed, I must confess
My heart is pounding in my chest
Cause this love's the best
I'm just a love addict

Coming down with something outrageous
Lookout now cause it so contagious
This feeling's got me reeling
So amped up that I hit the ceiling
Gotta clear my throat
Huh huh, now I gotta have some more

Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it
[Family Force 5: Love Addict]

No comments: