Friday, May 11, 2007

shes in peru!

hola a mi familia y amigas

ha! thats about it for my spanish. my education didnt stick. well, enough only to get me into a conversation then get lost and confused. weve learned that we would all be much better off if our spanish classes had taught us conversational spanish instead of so much grammar. รง

so far we have been hanging out at the church in arevalo in the mornings, doing construction work.us ´girls´have been sanding down walls and painting. the boys moving and shoveling dirt although, we did help some. pushing a wheelborough over boards over sand. fun fun right?
its been really great to get to know the people here, they are so friendly!!! seriously, even more than people in the south. much much more so. everyone is so helpful. the children... lol, so adorable. this one child oscar, ran inside the church today up behind me and scared me to run back out again, of course i chased him out to tickle him.
and of course the food is amazing as well. the traditional peruvian food is my favorite. rice/potato/tomatoes/... oh my the tangerines here are ammmmmazing. actaully, all the fruit is, but mostly the tangerines, my favorite.
where we are staying they serve us huevos con jamon every morning (eggs with ham) yesterday i took it to them and asked for some without ham and today they bring it to me first without me asking. i was so impressed.

we are having an amazing time here. yesterday we went to a university to invite students to come to ruf tonight. i met a girl named julie as well, she was so sweet and spoke english so well, she was bailey kelly and myself´s guide. (the only girls on the trip) tonight i saw a couple girls that i had invited, fiorella (i think is the spelling) i think we will keep in touch. it was awsome to get to meet everyone. sing in spanish and english. so much fun.

its so encouraging to be here as well. i dont think i can relate how much so.

i hope everyone is doing well! perhaps an update soon?
tomorrow we are taking a saturday to go visit history. before we do youth group.

No comments: