Wednesday, March 7, 2007

she sees relevant as imperative.

and i think i have a love for adjectives, or maybe its better to say random parts of speech. well, i know i do. even if i dont fully understand their meaning 100% of the time.

so, Relevant, is a pretty stupendous magazine that is now a pretty big highlight of my day/necessary for keeping me up to date on life. i have officially been sucked into the realm of podcasts since i figured out [or at least i think i have figured out] how to make them work. it started with a local one called Radddcast which supports local music. so far this hobby has only extended to relevant's podcast, which i searched out after reading on Donald Miller's blog that he was doing an interview on it. so of course i had to look it up, hes practically my facorite author. i mean, im reading a book mainly meant for boys [but seriously it could be applied to a girls life too, in a way] just because its the only one of his i havent read yet. you could say that im a fan.

some pretty big important news.....
i decided [or rather God decided] that im going to Peru!!!
a couple weekends ago i felt some serious conviction about not going, so i figured it best if i do what God seemed to be showing me with bright lights. i am very very excited. i just wrote my support letters this evening so i am hoping to have them in the mail by early next week. i think that sitting down to write them really made it a reality for me. and its so exciting. not that i want to sound too redundant, but it is. i am so glad that i am getting this amazing opportunity.

well, with that said ive got to get myself back to the reality of writing, a bunch, of stuff that i realllly dont want to. but ive got to get it done before the weekend gets here and i dont have the opportunity. ive got several papers and assignments due early next week. like a ten pager due monday. and a philosophy paper that is pretty ironic. just recently i remember telling a friend that i thought philosophy was pointless and that all that time could have been spent much more productively doing other things. well, you can probably guess that the topic of our new paper is to write about how philosophy is useful in this modern day. ugh. i wonder how it would effect my grade if i wrote my paper about how i thought it wasnt useful? this should be interesting no doubt.

They couldn't have told me
That it would be like this
That it could be like this
For you

I wish I would have known
That it could be like this
That it would be like this
For you

I know you're hurting
I know you're reaching out
I'm sure you wonder what this is all about
You couldn't sweat full, full words be known to you
I'm sure you feel it
You know I feel it too

Sometimes the hardest things in life
Are the things we have to do
And even when we feel it's right
I never want to hurt you

It's never simple
Deciding what should be
There's still a void here
When you're an absentee
You could be angry
But you're a bigger man
We know you'll make it
Never forget to stand

Sometimes the hardest things in life
Are the things we have to do
And even when we feel it's right
I never want to hurt you

You have always been
You always will
You have always been a part of me
You have always been a part of me
You will always be a part of me
You will always be a part of me
You will always be a part of me
You've always been a part
the julianna theory: the hardest things

2 comments:

~marie said...

peru-cool!
send me a letter!
how exciting to have a plan. i can't wait to read the blogs that develop from your time there.

*Rach* said...

Jules! So glad that we got to hang out this week!! this blog thing is so good- you are a fabulous writer!! Love you!