Monday, April 16, 2007

she finds that big words may seem right but

dont always look good in papers. at least the research kind. just a little heads up for all you [probably 2] kids out there that will still have to write them. only the professor wont tell you that, he will tell you instead that you are being wordy. very very wordy. and for concisivness purposes you should cut it down. even if that means the length of your paper will decrease almost certainly and it will feel almost as though you are starting from scratch again to scramble to fill it.
yes, its so. i speak the truth. the yes it happen to me just recently and i just spent a long time at the library fixing it truth.

other than that this music i found that im listening to at the moment makes me feel like im in my own little movie. check it out: http://www.myspace.com/thealbumleaf

if you look carefully you could probably tell that i waste a very large quantity of my brain cells via myspace. its a problem that i recognize, and am more than ready to deal with, and yet i keep finding myself wandering around there... im not sure how that fits together.
kind of like how i started this thing of no sweets so i immediately went to ingles to buy sugar. ha. i mean, 'coffee' sugar. hello the world cannot rotate without a large tasty mug of sugary cream with a little brewed coffee mixed in. right? well, we needed sugar. well, now we need more. because i made cookies with the sugar i bought. wow, go julie, you got this sweet tooth thing under major control. its quite incredible at how quickly you can turn on your own decisions.

and i will now stop talking about myself in the third person because it is starting to creep me out.

a lot has happen over the course of the weekend. and this moment.
today i cleaned out my old files out of my email. well i mean, more has happen than that, thats quite boring news, but seriously.... there was stuff in there from 2003. thats pretty old. and pretty funny to read. especially if you were in high school and had a high school sweetheart, then its even funnier.

and rachel had a little accident today. actually i was standing in the front lawn talking on the phone (sorry i hung up so quickly grandma) when i hear screeching tires. no worries, rachel is fine and her car is too for the most part. she was just turning into our driveway and this high school ish looking age guy behind her chose to just plow on into her. she was already practically in the driveway. i mean the skid marks are right next to the curb. he was right behind her. and yes i saw the whole thing, but the cop wouldnt take my word on it because i know her. not that he needed my word, it was obvious what happen.
people are always being grumpy in their cars on that road in front of the school. not only do they tail us and refuse to back off when we slow down to pull into our driveway, i swear at least four people have very obviously sped up when they see me trying to cross the street. i mean good grief. just ... good grief.

well its late. and i should be in bed. my makeshift bed since our dryer went out and i [very ignorantly] hung my wet blankets outside on the back porch yesterday to dry and they got pollen all over them. way to go me.

although i did find this: [karrie bought me this shirt for christmas.... i think. christmas or my birthday. and i had forgotten the story behind it. anyway, i found it today, thought it was pretty person/timeframe appropriate.


Alone: Life almost always, and almost always to a fault, is made into a bigger disaster than it should be. Too often drama happens and we buy into it. We care what people think of us and their opinion of us owns our lives. Rather than doing what we want in life, we do what others want us to do in life. A wise person has said dance like no one is watching. To be yourself in this cruel world is a gift that can neither be bought nor sold. To not care about what others think is even more valuable in this world of bottom lines and deadlines.

[this one goes out to karrie][because i now realize why she loves this song so much]
She said I think I'll go to Boston
Think I'll start a new life
I think I'll start it over
Where no one knows my name
I'll get out of California
I'm tired of the weather
Think I'll get a lover
And fly him out to Spain
I think I'll go to Boston
I Think that I'm just tired
I Think I need a new town
To leave this all behind
I Think I need a sunrise
I'm tired of a sunset
I hear it's nice in the summer
Some snow would be nice
Augustana: Boston

2 comments:

~marie said...

i am currently taking a book writing class and did you know that even the most famous authors get their work slashed down by as much as a third!?
so, i know it doesn't really help you any, but you can know it happens to the best of writers. :)

Anonymous said...

t's such a tickety-boo site. imaginary, acutely interesting!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://lagatek.net/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,11805/]opony[/url]