Monday, July 2, 2007

she found herself back to the place they call work

Today was my first day back to work since April.
I moved back to South Carolina last Saturday but I intentionally didn't start work right away. I remembered how last year I too many times had to tell friends 'No I can't come, I have to work'. So this past week I got to do all sorts of stuff.

*It involved movies
*It involved bike rides
*It involved church
*It involved cookouts
*It involved car rides
*It involved cooking for friends
*It involved Little League All Star Games
*It involved [my]toenails painted in a marvelous pedicure by a certain 3 year old
*It involved reconstruction of my voice mail by that three year old

And all sorts of other things that I just cant think of at the moment because everything runs together and I find it hard to tell it all apart.
It was a good week. Something that I realized while at home ..
is that I was missing my friends. And then it dawned on me, that the situation was somewhat bittersweet because for the first time in my life I had friends (plural) good Jesus lovin friends that I missed. So it was like wow, I miss them but I am thankful for them.

This morning Gillian and I rode bikes at 9 ish oclock up the street to the Bagel Shop. It really wasnt that much of a ride, it was fun, although it was misting. Totally worth it. And we then spent practically two hours there just catching up and sharing about Peru experiences. Gillian is leaving for Peru in I believe sixteen days now, for a year. She will be missed, Peru is one lucky country.
[You can find Gillians blog listed in my friends over on the side of this page...]

Now, what I am getting at after this lengthy introduction, is that today was my first day back to work. I was a little nervous to go back. But all went well. And I was reminded that I had gotten my hair cut because they hadn't seen it yet. I am also going to get to get together with this awesome girl named Aurora (isnt that a beautiful name?) whom I work with and am hoping to have a better friendship with.
I also got to meet this couple and their college aged son whom were my last table of the night. This was very refreshing and completely unexpected but loved. Because they were all three really awsome people, very patient with me, and toward the end of their visit we got into a conversation about my summer. And I find out their son is coming to Anderson so of course I plugged RUF. And they prayed for me, not a hey can we remember you in pray but a hey I want to pray for you right now in the middle of this restaurant. It was definitely such a wonderful way to end the evening.


No comments: