Monday, July 16, 2007

shes got it going on

as far as crocheting is concerned.

i am so excited. i just finished my first piece that i actually followed a pattern through and through for. no winging it involved. i completely followed the pattern.. which is a big deal for me because usually i just do my own things with my scarves. because reading a crochet pattern is like reading another language. but i did it... thank you, thank you very much. and i must say that i am pleased with the way it came out, actually, i am quite thrilled. the yarn only cost me 4 US dollars and the scarf ended up being longer than i am tall, when i wrap it around my shoulders it goes to my knees. and its like seven inches wide or more. i am pretty pleased with this one. it took me a while, but i got it.

so of course you know i had to take pictures of it... and got a little excited with the camera and did more of a photo shoot with it like i did with my jars of buttons. im sure karrie is thrilled.

enjoy:


My Weapon:


Groups of Eight:


What exactly 160 strands of 24 inch yarn looks like, on our living room floor:


along with the terribly long scarf:


with Jerushas chair:



how one should or should not wear it, depending on your personal opinion:




And tomorrow is a new day. I opened my mouth and something of the sort near I want to help came out, at church yesterday morning.... So tomorrow I am going to go hang out with some kids. I think we are going to go see a movie. Is it selfish to secretly hope we are going to see Ratetouille? (or however you spell it..) And I think the youth pastor and I are going to talk about how I can get 'plugged' in. He seemed excited when I told him I wanted to help, so that made me excited. ....

But oh pray for me. ;-)

No comments: