Monday, May 11, 2009

feliz dia de mama

Crea en mi un corazon
limpio, oh Dios,
Y un espiritu recto en mi

No me eches de tu presencia, Senor
Ni quites tu Espiritu de mi.
Vuelveme el gozo de tu salvacion
Y un espiritu recto en mi
Y un espiritu recto en mi

Salmo 51:10-12

Maybe one sign that my Spanish is improving is that i am starting to get songs in spanish stuck in my head...and not just the music... the words! im going to take it as a sign of improvement. we sang this song yesterday morning in church. and it has been in my head since.  one of the perks of helping out the choir, is that i have the opportunity to go back and look at the words of a song if its been stuck in my head :)

yesterday was a fun day... not only was it mother's day.. (happy mothers day mommas!) but it was also the anniversary of the Larco church. so for those two occasions we had some specials after the usual service. it was fun to see the kids get up and sing and dance? or follow along to choreographed music. i think my favorite part those was little fernando.. i have no idea what he said... the cells in my brain were to busy enjoying watching him eat the microphone to try to translate his spanish in my head. he was adorable. another reason i should seriously consider buying a fanny pack specifically for keeping my camera on my person at all times. you just never know when you are going to want your camera! 

also... you know that you are no longer a vegetarian when... you are not only eating the chicken when people around you happen to order it, or its the only thing available.. but you crave for one week then continue to prepare your own dish centered around chicken. its true. ive been craving my moms chicken salad... like all week. which is funny considering how many years it must be since i have actually tasted it. just goes to show how long good things stick with you. mom, your chicken salad left suck an impression on me that the taste stuck with me for more than 7 years :) so last night i tried to duplicate it. without recipe mind you. it was okay... i probably left out some key ingredient. not the same... probably due to many factors. i havent eaten it in years, im basing the recipe off my memory which we all know sucks, and im in a different country where the ingredients are different. i think the mayo may have changed it.. the mayonnaise here is made with lime. which if the case, would be the first time for me that the mayo here didnt improve things. it was just the mixture of lime mayo and pineapple though i think.  Happy Mother's Day mom, your notreallyavegetariananymore daughter was thinking of you and your chicken salad on mothers day :) i love you!

No comments: